2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL Challenge
Official Rules & Agreement
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL (“Organizer”) is organizing the 2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL Challenge and all participants in said challenge will be bound by and abide by the 2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL Challenge Official Rules & Agreement (the “Rules”). The Rules are as follows:
1. Challenge Description: The 2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL Challenge will consist students from 8th to 12th and high school graduates from the class of 2020 presenting a face mask design of their own making, inspired in one of the following 5 categories: HEALTH, HOPE, LOVE, PEACE, or SOLIDARITY, along with a written description of their design, inspiration, and motivations consisting of a maximum of 500 words; selected participants may also be eligible for a prize, (the “Challenge”).
2. Timing: The Challenge starts on Nov. 3th, 2020 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and all entries must be received no later than Jan. 31st, 2021 at 12 PM ET (the “Challenge Period”). Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
3. Eligibility: To be eligible for the Challenge, entrants must, by the beginning of the Challenge Period, be: (i) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and (ii) 8th to 12th grade students, and high school graduates from the class of 2020, from a US accredited school. Each participant can make only one submission to the Challenge. If entrants are under the age of 18, their parents or legal guardian must also agree to these terms. Officers, directors, and employees of Organizer and its partners, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Challenge.
4. How to Submit: To submit an entry, make your submission at the following website during the Challenge Period: https://UKANDOITGLOBAL.com. Entering the Challenge and making submissions is cost free, and participants will earn 40 (forty) community service hours. Entrants must follow the Rules and instructions provided at https://UKANDOITGLOBAL.com.
5. Acceptance: Participation in the Challenge is conditioned on the full and unconditional acceptance of the Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge. By entering into the Challenge, by participating in the Challenge, or by making a submission into the Challenge, each entrant acknowledges that they have read and accepted the Rules and will abide by the Rules. If an entrant into the Challenge is a minor, the minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian must have read and accepted the Rules and agree to the minor entrant’s participation in the Challenge. If an entrant is a minor and his parent or legal guardian failed to read and accept the Rules and/or failed to consent to the minor entrant’s participation in the Challenge, said minor entrant will be disqualified from the Challenge.
6. Submission Requirements: Ineligible submissions include submissions that are unresponsive, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Challenge, as determined by the Sponsor Organizer in its sole discretion.
7. Representations and Warranties: By entering the Challenge, entrants represent and warrant that their entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted entry and that they have the right to submit the entry and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each participant entrant agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrants also represent and warrant that they have not previously submitted their design as an entry in a contest, promotion, competition, or similar activity.
8. Selection of Winners and Prize: Forty finalists will be selected from all submissions made within the Challenge period. Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of volunteer judges before February 15th, 2021. Submissions will be reviewed based on the following criteria: (i) creativity (30%); (ii) originality (30%); and (iii) alignment with the overall theme (40%). The Organizer will coordinate and work with multiple businesses and organizations (“Sponsors”) to select Challenge winners. Challenge winners will be selected from the list of forty finalists and will be chosen by the Sponsors, (“Winner(s)”). The total amount of Winners will be equivalent to the total amount of Sponsors participating in the Challenge. Sponsors, through their participation in the Challenge, will be contributing to the Tailor-Made Future Program, which provides women equipment and training to sew face masks from home. Rules binding participation of Sponsors are defined in a separate agreement between the Organizer and the Sponsors. Winners, not finalists, will receive a monetary prize of 500 US Dollars. Winners will receive a monetary prize of $500 via certified check. Each certified check will be made payable to the name the Winner initially submitted to the Challenge and mailed to the address initially submitted to the Challenge by said Winner. The results of the Challenge and list of Winners will be published at https://UKANDOITGLOBAL.COM/winners. Sponsor Organizer reserves the right to seek an alternate potential prize Winner if the individuals originally selected are disqualified, at Sponsor’s Organizer’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed, except that Sponsor Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners may not sell, barter, or exchange their prizes. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor Organizer. By accepting a prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with the Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Challenge are the sole responsibility of each individual Winner.
9. Winner Notification: Finalists and Winners will be posted at https://UKANDOITGLOBAL.com/winners by February 15th, 2021.
10. Image Authorization, Release & Intellectual Property Rights: Each entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each submitted design subject to the Rules. However, by entering into the Challenge, by participating in the Challenge, or by making a submission into the Challenge, each entrant hereby grants and assigns to the Sponsor Organizer and its, officers, employees, affiliates, licensees, sponsors, promotional partners, developers, third party marketing entities, and agents the worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable right to:
A. Edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, adapt, publish, exploit and use the submitted entry throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation;
B. Photograph, videotape, or otherwise record or capture the image, likeness, performance, and/or the voice of the entrant during the Challenge or activities related to the Challenge;
C. Reproduce, distribute, display, create derivative works of and otherwise use the Entrant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, performance, submissions, and voice for and in connection with the Sponsor’s Organizer’s educational, research, public relations, publicity, promotional, fundraising and recruitment purposes, for all purposes, by any means, methods, and media (print and electronic) now known or in the future developed that the Sponsor Organizer deems appropriate:
D. Entrants further agree that being allowed to participate in the Challenge will serve as consideration for the releases and authorizations described in section 10 of the Rules.
12. General Conditions: The Sponsor Organizer reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Challenge, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge, as determined by the Sponsor Organizer in its sole discretion. The Sponsor Organizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Challenge or to be acting in violation of the Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor Organizer reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of the Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of the Rules and decisions by the Sponsor Organizer are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.
13. Limitations of Liability: By entering the Challenge, entrants agree to release the Sponsor Organizer and its employees, agents, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability arising from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by writer, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Challenge; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge, the announcement of the selected design or in any Challenge-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen design; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Challenge. Entrants further agree to release Released Entities from any and all liability arising from misdirected or undeliverable essays or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: All entrants and participants in the Challenge agree that any dispute resulting from or arising out of the Rules or the Challenge shall in all respects be interpreted, enforced, and governed under the laws of Florida, without giving effect to the conflict of laws principles of Florida law. All entrants and participants in the Challenge further agree that the Circuit Court of Miami-Dade County, Florida maintains exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute resulting from or arising out of the Rules or the Challenge.
15. Interpretation: The language of all parts of the Rules shall in all cases be construed as a whole, according to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against any party. If any portion or provision of the Rules (including, without implication of limitation, any portion or provision of any section of the Rules) is legally determined to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Rules shall not be affected by such determination and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law, and said unenforceable portion or provision shall be deemed not to be a part of the Rules.
16. Headings: The headings of the provisions herein are intended for convenient reference only, and the same shall not be, nor be deemed to be, interpretative of the contents of such provision.
17. Excuse of Obligations: Sponsor Organizer shall be excused from their obligations and under no liability for failure to perform in the event of proven sickness, accident, riot, strike, epidemic, pandemic, act of God, or any other legitimate condition or occurrence beyond their respective control.
18. Attorneys’ Fees: All entrants and participants in the Challenge agree that in connection with any litigation arising out of or related to the Rules or the Challenge, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs incurred including, but not limited to, its reasonable attorneys’ fees at all trial and appellate levels, and post-judgment proceedings, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees litigating the amount of attorneys’ fees.
© 2020 UKANDOIT GLOBAL. All rights reserved.